How much will your home rent for?
Feel like you always come close to getting the rental you want, then someone beats you to it? We know how you feel, the market has become increasingly competitive. If you chronically miss out on the rental of your dreams because of your inability to manage the application process, or just sheer bad luck, you might benefit from some of these tips!
Here’s some tips on how to bring your ‘A-Game’ and get the rental you want!
1. Have a plan x, y, and z. Keep your options open and be flexible. Because limiting yourself will only make your rental search more difficult. Be sure to have lots of options and constantly be looking, even when you think you’ve found ‘the one,’ you never know what might show up last minute.
2. Allow time to research, (not just online) and be ready to pounce when you find the rental you want. The few minutes that you wait to call your agent could make all the difference in landing the rental in this competitive market! This is especially true for those who are considered part of the MIllennial generation. You’ll find that making a phone call will produce greater results instead of relying on web based applications.
3. Have important paperwork ready to go: proof of income or recent pay stub, a money order down payment (typically a month’s worth of rent), and provide your ID and referral contact information from your previous landlord(s). The idea is to make the process as quick and simple as possible, and not allowing anyone else time to swoop in and take your spot just because you had to wait for proper paperwork to come through.
4. Plan ahead – Keep your credit history clean by paying your bills on time. If you have bad credit, be ready to explain why! Instead of trying to hide it, being open and honest can go a long way. It’s just one of those things we all have to be careful of.
5. If you’ve found your dream rental, and you want to seal the deal as soon as possible, you can try offering to pay more. If you can pay even $25 or $50 more a month, it could be just the thing to stand out amongst the other applicants.
6. Offer a referral from a previous neighbor! Anything that will shine a good light on you as a responsible tenant is good. Like applying for a job, this is the time not to be shy and to instead show them what you’re made of!
The rental search can be exhausting, but as long as you’re prepared and flexible with you’re needs, it can help your rental search go much smoother. A little more effort now will all pay off when you finally sign a new lease for the rental you fought for!
If you are looking for a rental home in the Daytona Beach area, check out our beautiful property listings!
See the latest listings here: Available Rental Listings